星期四, 11月 10, 2005

The Sound of Music

After a tiring working day,
I went to appreciate a musical with my Big Brother (a colleague)

He knew that I should relax after finishing the programme and he dated me to watch this musical which we both like it very much.

Big Brother went to Austria with his wife last year and I visited Salzburg this year.

We both love this enchanting city and we both like this musical.

Though the production is not a large scale one, we were drowned in the voice of Maria.
The last time I was moved by a live musical performance was in Brisbane.
I went to watch Joseph and the amazing technic colour dream coat.

Will my students be moved by these musicals?
I doubt.

The public preception of Hong Kong people towards English is so wired.
Many people think that having high English standard is a key to success.

But do our youths see the needs?

Is English a second language or a foreign language in Hong Kong?
It makes a huge difference in terms of language policy
as well as the way people think about learning English.

If we make a policy which is not practical to the real situation,
what will happen?

We can open the gate to English culture through the language.
But do we need to be successful with good English?

沒有留言: